Sales Manager Analytical Instruments
As the Sales Manager Analytical Instruments, your primary responsibility will be to lead and manage a sales team. The Sales Manager of Analytical Instruments sells and supports high-precision measuring instruments for physical, chemical, mechanical, and structural properties.
Your goal will be to drive revenue growth by promoting and selling analytical instruments to industrial clients. You will be crucial in identifying potential sales opportunities, developing client relationships, and ensuring your team achieves its sales targets.
Sales Manager Analytical Instruments Job Description
The Sales Manager Analytical Instruments is responsible for leading and managing a sales team to drive revenue growth by promoting and selling analytical instruments to industrial clients. They are crucial in identifying opportunities, developing client relationships, and ensuring the team achieves sales targets.
- Sales Team Leadership:
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of sales professionals.
- Set sales targets and objectives, monitor performance, and conduct performance evaluations.
- Sales Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy for industrial analytical instruments, including setting sales goals, pricing strategies, and market penetration plans.
- Identify target industries, clients, and geographic markets for instrument sales.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with critical industrial clients.
- Understand client needs, provide technical expertise, and deliver tailored solutions.
- Product Knowledge:
- Stay up-to-date with product knowledge and the latest advancements in industrial analytical instruments.
- Train the sales team on product features, benefits, and applications.
- Sales Presentations and Demonstrations:
- Conduct product presentations and demonstrations to potential clients.
- Address technical inquiries and provide solutions that meet client requirements.
- Sales Forecasting and Reporting:
- Prepare sales forecasts, budget reports, and sales performance metrics.
- Report sales progress to upper management and provide insights for decision-making.
- Market Analysis:
- Monitor industry trends and competitors’ activities.
- Identify opportunities for product development, enhancements, or expansion.
- Contract Negotiation:
- Negotiate contracts, pricing, and terms with clients.
- Ensure all agreements comply with company policies and regulations.
- Trade Shows and Events:
- Represent the company at industry trade shows and events to promote products and build brand awareness.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Business, or Sales/Marketing)
- Proven experience in technical sales, preferably in industrial analytical instruments
- 3+ years of sales leadership and management experience.
- Excellent understanding of analytical instruments, their applications, and industrial processes
- Strong knowledge of sales strategies, techniques, and market dynamics
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel to meet clients and attend industry events – estimated travel is 50%.
- Leadership and team management skills – Emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strategic planning and market analysis capabilities
Sales Manager Analytical Instruments is essential for driving revenue growth and establishing the company’s presence in various industries. They are pivotal in leading the sales team, developing strategies, and maintaining strong client relationships to achieve sales objectives.
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.