The Sales Engineer sells and supports the Company’s oil, fuel, biofuel, and processed-water analysis instrumentation and software for physical, chemical, mechanical, and structural properties.
- Do you work sales with long sales cycles? 6 to 18 months?
- Do you frequently present proposals for greater than $100,000?
- Do you enjoy technical, solution-oriented, capital equipment sales?
- Are product demonstrations part of your sales strategy?
Do you agree that selling technical solutions is easier if; there is significant brand recognition, a large market share, and a large pool of references? We have this!
What are you selling?
Capital Equipment Sales / Technology Sales
Our client’s extensive product offerings include spectrometers, particle analysis instruments, and more.
What are the applications of these instruments?
Condition-based maintenance – monitors and spots upcoming equipment failure so maintenance can be proactively scheduled when needed–and not before.
Who are you selling to?
Industry clients include petrochemical, mining, marine, power generation companies, and commercial testing laboratories.
What is the territory?
The ideal candidate lives near one of the major airports in Texas.
Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Kansas
Overnight travel is estimated to be greater than 50%
How are your products getting to market?
- Direct sales
- Distributor sales
- Channel sales
Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Sales Engineer must be able to make effective and efficient independent decisions per company policy and protocol to solve problems based on customer needs and requirements.
- Generating and developing new accounts and effectively managing existing accounts.
- You are presenting to small and large audiences, including C-suite executives, production managers, and technicians.
- Qualifying opportunities, developing proposals, and closing business.
Skills and qualifications you will need:
- 5+ years’ experience in technical/capital equipment sales, analytical instruments sales preferred.
- Experience closing orders greater than $100K.
- Ability to work independently and with a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences or engineering is preferred
- Availability for frequent overnight travel (more than 50%)
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrates the Company’s values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
A competitive compensation package includes salary (DOE) plus bonuses and benefits.
We share a standard set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex technical challenges, drive technological innovation, and support our customers’ needs.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age, or disability status.
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.