Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager oversees the Quality Assurance Department, ensuring compliance with regulations and maintaining the quality of our products. Responsibilities include supervising the team, conducting tests, audits, and inspections, and interfacing with customers.
Quality Assurance Manager Job Description
The Quality Assurance Manager (QA Manager) will manage the Quality Assurance Department. Their duties will include planning, directing, and monitoring the Quality Assurance Program following company requirements and current regulations. They will supervise the team, perform statistical analyses, conduct tests, audits, and inspections, and take preventive and corrective measures to ensure compliance and the high quality of our products. They will also be in charge of interfacing with customers and maintaining records of all activities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Define, set, and manage product quality goals and plans. Perform Quality audits for suppliers.
- Inspect, test, and evaluate production and engineering components and assemblies using improved methods and procedures.
- Ensuring that the company is ready for audits and inspections conducted by internal, external, or customer entities is crucial.
- As the primary point of contact, manage customer quality issues and collaborate closely with their inspectors and engineers.
- Supervising document control and ensuring the calibration system is up-to-date and properly maintained is essential.
- It is essential to prioritize the work duties of the department. In addition, managing, developing, and training the department staff is necessary.
- Collaborating with the manufacturing department ensures quality control inspections are carried out effectively during the in-process and final stages.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, reduce costs, and facilitate the development of new products.
- Manage and track non-conformance, corrective, and preventive actions.
- Document existing and new QA processes, including RMA
- Lead training and annual re-certification, including ISO 9001
- Create preliminary program plans for engineering development projects, ensuring they meet the required quality standards.
Quality Assurance Manager Qualifications
- At least three years of management experience in manufacturing is required, with a minimum of five years overall.
- BA/ BSc/ BSEE or other related degree is required. Electronic and RF experience is strongly preferred.
- It is necessary to possess a comprehensive understanding of QA standards, methodologies, and data analysis and excellent numerical skills.
- It is necessary to possess a strong understanding of ISO-9001 requirements. It is preferred to have experience and/or certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean methodologies.
- This position requires a candidate with excellent planning and organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- One must be able to interpret specifications, blueprints, and manufacturing outlines and utilize inspection tools to verify that parts meet customer requirements.
- The candidate must possess the ability to communicate effectively in English and should be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
Quality Assurance Manager Salary
- Salary is $105,000 to $130.000 DOE
- Full Benefits
- Relocation assistance is available
Electronics manufacturer serving multiple industries.
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.