The Plant Manager in Clara City, MN, has responsibility for extrusion operations to make puff-like textured snacks, cereal, and pretzel products. This includes managing production, sales, quality control, customer service, inventory, maintenance, safety, and employee relations.
Plant Manager Job Description
The Plant Manager oversees the operations at the Clara City facility to achieve the overall business objectives. This includes managing production, sales, quality control, customer service, inventory, maintenance, safety, and employee relations.
The following are the primary responsibilities and duties:
- Develop plans and programs that meet budgeted costs and output goals. Strategize for long-term growth and short-term price and quality objectives.
- The Plant Manager coordinates manufacturing activities, communicates priorities, and reviews/approves SOPs for production processes to meet plant goals and customer quality requirements.
- As the person in charge, you will need to coordinate the activities of all functional areas in manufacturing to ensure that the plant’s goals are met while meeting all customer quality requirements. You should communicate priorities as necessary and review and approve SOPs for all production processes.
- By developing contingency plans, ensure that production capacity is in sync with sales volume requirements. Implement ongoing programs to minimize inventory levels.
- Keep current on company product production methods, regulations, and analytical techniques. Develop improvement plans as necessary.
- Maintain and enhance the quality of plant assets, whether they are current or fixed. Create and implement plans for capital improvement programs to maintain or enhance existing assets, improve operational efficiencies, and meet increased volume requirements based on OEE.
Check out the Plant Manager interview questions HERE.
Plant Manager Qualifications
- Ten years of previous management experience in a food-grade operation.
- Background in extrusion and packaging facility.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of plant operation procedures and business system software applications.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Plant Manager Compensation
- The compensation range is $130,000.00 to $145,000.00
- Relocation Assistance is available
Clara City, Minnesota
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.