PLANT MANAGER of AUTOMOTIVE
The Plant Manager Automotive oversees the Holland plant’s operations to ensure that customer requirements are met on time on the plant floor. The primary responsibilities of this role include directing and coordinating activities within the company operation/plant to achieve maximum efficiency and economy of operations while also maximizing profits.
PLANT MANAGER AUTOMOTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Plant Manager’s responsibilities include:
- The Plant Manager is a manufacturing strategist responsible for delivering on financial performance and customer service commitments.
- Manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identify operational targets while meeting production, quality, and plant safety standards.
- Apply Lean, TPS, and trained problem-solving methodologies to influence positive change and continuous improvements.
- Oversee continuous improvement activities within the plant, ensuring that customer requirements are continually met and proactively working with customers to resolve any issues.
- Accomplishments must include leading the professional development of operational leaders and ensuring compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Plant Manager Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Recent experience in managing an automobile manufacturing plant is a requirement.
- A qualified individual has received training or certification in Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production System, and other problem-solving methodologies.
- A track record of hiring and developing competent professional staff.
- A track record of delivering continuous improvement results.
- A good understanding of profit and loss statements and financial reporting through balance sheets is crucial.
- A verifiable record of implementing and operating within data-driven or metrics-driven management systems.
- Familiar with TS-16949 policies and procedures.
- New Program Launch experience required.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
Plant Manager Salary
The Plant Manager’s compensation is $170,000.00 to $190,000.00 and includes:
- Full benefits
- Relocation Expenses
Instant Qualification Survey
I appreciate your interest in the Automotive Plant Manager position in Grand Rapids. To move forward with the interview process, we kindly request that you answer a few short answer questions. You can access the Instant Qualification Survey by clicking on this LINK.
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.