Plant Manager Automotive
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Plant Manager Automotive oversees all production, operations, and personnel management within the automotive plastics manufacturing facility. This role requires strong leadership skills, technical expertise in plastics manufacturing processes, and a commitment to driving operational excellence and continuous improvement.
The Plant Manager’s primary responsibilities are to ensure the safety of all associates, uphold high product quality standards, and meet production schedules. This, in turn, positively impacts the P&L by managing costs within budgeted specifications. The Plant Manager Automotive is also responsible for meeting budgetary goals and maintaining strong financial results.
Plant Manager Responsibilities
The Plant Manager’s responsibilities include:
- The Plant Manager is a manufacturing strategist responsible for delivering on financial performance and customer service commitments.
- Manage key KPI metrics and characteristics to identify operational targets while meeting production, quality, and plant safety standards.
- Apply Lean, TPS, and trained problem-solving methodologies to influence positive change and continuous improvements.
- Oversee continuous improvement activities within the plant, ensuring that customer requirements are continually met and proactively working with customers to resolve any issues.
- Accomplishments must include leading the professional development of operational leaders and ensuring compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Plant Manager education & experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Recent experience in managing an automobile manufacturing plant is a requirement.
- A qualified individual has received training or certification in Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production System, and other problem-solving methodologies.
- A track record of hiring and developing competent professional staff.
- A track record of delivering continuous improvement results.
- A good understanding of profit and loss statements and financial reporting through balance sheets is crucial.
- A verifiable record of implementing and operating within data-driven or metrics-driven management systems.
- Familiar with TS-16949 policies and procedures.
- New Program Launch experience required.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
Plant Manager Salary
The Plant Manager’s compensation is $195,000.00 to $210,000.00 and includes:
- Full benefits
- Relocation Expenses
Instant Qualification Survey
Thank you for your interest in the Automotive Plant Manager position in Grand Rapids. To move forward with the interview process, we kindly request that you answer a few short answer questions. You can access the Instant Qualification Survey by clicking on this LINK.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.