Financial Controller Manufacturing
The Financial Controller manages a manufacturing plant’s finances, reporting, and analysis. Their role is crucial to aligning financial performance with organizational goals.
Financial Controller Job Summary
The Financial Controller Manufacturing oversees all financial activities, reporting, and analysis for a manufacturing facility. The primary objective of this position is to ensure that the plant’s financial performance aligns with the organization’s goals and objectives.
Financial Controller Job Description
- Recruits, trains, and manages employees to achieve accounting goals, including scheduling, coaching, and enforcing policies.
- Achieves accounting objectives by contributing recommendations to strategic plans, preparing action plans, implementing standards, resolving problems, conducting audits, identifying trends, and implementing system improvements.
- The accounting department meets its financial objectives by forecasting financial requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Financial status is confirmed by monitoring revenue and expenses, collecting, consolidating, and evaluating financial data, and creating specialized reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Research and interpret accounting policy to guide other departments in addressing operational issues.
- Establish internal controls to ensure financial stability. These measures help maintain the security of financial transactions and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Avoid legal challenges by ensuring compliance with accounting regulations and keeping up-to-date with legislation.
- Participates in professional development activities to stay current.
- Complete related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of Manufacturing & Cost Accounting experience is required.
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with GAAP
- Developing Budgets, Legal Compliance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Accounting, Managing Processes, Reporting Research Results, Management Proficiency, Coordination, Motivating Others, Attention to Detail
Salary: $100K to $125K
No relocation assistance.
Apply for this position
Comments are closed.